Oct 2, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Pittsburgh police do not dispute Dallas Latos’ claims that fans at last night’s Pirates-Reds game punched her and pulled her hair. But they nonetheless consider the matter “closed.” They’re characterizing it as a he-said/she-said situation and won’t file criminal charges.
They are characterizing it as an altercation between several drunk and/or drinking fans, implying that they include Latos in that crowd. Several people were ejected from the ballpark, including a couple of people with her. They have said that if anyone wishes to privately press charges they may. That process is more akin to a traffic ticket situation and won’t lead to any arrests.
On the one hand, this seems a bit lax given that they aren’t even disputing the victim’s claims of assault here. On the other hand, given what Pittsburgh police have done at PNC Park in the past, maybe they are just hellbent on erring on the side of caution these days.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)