Oct 2, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Pittsburgh police do not dispute Dallas Latos’ claims that fans at last night’s Pirates-Reds game punched her and pulled her hair. But they nonetheless consider the matter “closed.” They’re characterizing it as a he-said/she-said situation and won’t file criminal charges.
They are characterizing it as an altercation between several drunk and/or drinking fans, implying that they include Latos in that crowd. Several people were ejected from the ballpark, including a couple of people with her. They have said that if anyone wishes to privately press charges they may. That process is more akin to a traffic ticket situation and won’t lead to any arrests.
On the one hand, this seems a bit lax given that they aren’t even disputing the victim’s claims of assault here. On the other hand, given what Pittsburgh police have done at PNC Park in the past, maybe they are just hellbent on erring on the side of caution these days.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)