Oct 2, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
Pittsburgh police do not dispute Dallas Latos’ claims that fans at last night’s Pirates-Reds game punched her and pulled her hair. But they nonetheless consider the matter “closed.” They’re characterizing it as a he-said/she-said situation and won’t file criminal charges.
They are characterizing it as an altercation between several drunk and/or drinking fans, implying that they include Latos in that crowd. Several people were ejected from the ballpark, including a couple of people with her. They have said that if anyone wishes to privately press charges they may. That process is more akin to a traffic ticket situation and won’t lead to any arrests.
On the one hand, this seems a bit lax given that they aren’t even disputing the victim’s claims of assault here. On the other hand, given what Pittsburgh police have done at PNC Park in the past, maybe they are just hellbent on erring on the side of caution these days.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 7
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 26
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)