Oct 2, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Ron Washington’s job is apparently safe despite another early (pre-)playoff exit by the Rangers, but the team announced that bench coach Jackie Moore has been fired.
Moore was Washington’s right-hand man for the past five seasons, but Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that the 74-year-old is expected to retire. He wanted to remain on the job.
Texas also fired first base coach Dave Anderson, although apparently he may still take another job in the organization.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 33
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)