Oct 2, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Ron Washington’s job is apparently safe despite another early (pre-)playoff exit by the Rangers, but the team announced that bench coach Jackie Moore has been fired.
Moore was Washington’s right-hand man for the past five seasons, but Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that the 74-year-old is expected to retire. He wanted to remain on the job.
Texas also fired first base coach Dave Anderson, although apparently he may still take another job in the organization.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)