Oct 2, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Ron Washington’s job is apparently safe despite another early (pre-)playoff exit by the Rangers, but the team announced that bench coach Jackie Moore has been fired.
Moore was Washington’s right-hand man for the past five seasons, but Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that the 74-year-old is expected to retire. He wanted to remain on the job.
Texas also fired first base coach Dave Anderson, although apparently he may still take another job in the organization.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)