Oct 2, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Ron Washington’s job is apparently safe despite another early (pre-)playoff exit by the Rangers, but the team announced that bench coach Jackie Moore has been fired.
Moore was Washington’s right-hand man for the past five seasons, but Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that the 74-year-old is expected to retire. He wanted to remain on the job.
Texas also fired first base coach Dave Anderson, although apparently he may still take another job in the organization.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)