Oct 2, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Ron Washington’s job is apparently safe despite another early (pre-)playoff exit by the Rangers, but the team announced that bench coach Jackie Moore has been fired.
Moore was Washington’s right-hand man for the past five seasons, but Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that the 74-year-old is expected to retire. He wanted to remain on the job.
Texas also fired first base coach Dave Anderson, although apparently he may still take another job in the organization.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)