Oct 2, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has increased its early lead in this American League Wild Card Game in Cleveland.
James Loney and Evan Longoria hit consecutive one-out singles in the top of the fourth inning and then Desmond Jennings — who was hobbled near the end of the regular season by a badly-strained left hamstring — punched a two-out two-run double down the left field line to score Loney from third base and Longoria all the way from the first base bag.
Cleveland loaded the bases in the fourth but Asdrubal Cabrera hit into an inning-ending doubleplay.
That doubleplay quieted what was a pretty raucous crowd at the Indians’ Progressive Field.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 48
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)