Oct 2, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
Tampa Bay has increased its early lead in this American League Wild Card Game in Cleveland.
James Loney and Evan Longoria hit consecutive one-out singles in the top of the fourth inning and then Desmond Jennings — who was hobbled near the end of the regular season by a badly-strained left hamstring — punched a two-out two-run double down the left field line to score Loney from third base and Longoria all the way from the first base bag.
Cleveland loaded the bases in the fourth but Asdrubal Cabrera hit into an inning-ending doubleplay.
That doubleplay quieted what was a pretty raucous crowd at the Indians’ Progressive Field.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)