Oct 2, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
Tampa Bay has increased its early lead in this American League Wild Card Game in Cleveland.
James Loney and Evan Longoria hit consecutive one-out singles in the top of the fourth inning and then Desmond Jennings — who was hobbled near the end of the regular season by a badly-strained left hamstring — punched a two-out two-run double down the left field line to score Loney from third base and Longoria all the way from the first base bag.
Cleveland loaded the bases in the fourth but Asdrubal Cabrera hit into an inning-ending doubleplay.
That doubleplay quieted what was a pretty raucous crowd at the Indians’ Progressive Field.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)