Oct 2, 2013, 9:43 PM EST
Tampa Bay has increased its early lead in this American League Wild Card Game in Cleveland.
James Loney and Evan Longoria hit consecutive one-out singles in the top of the fourth inning and then Desmond Jennings — who was hobbled near the end of the regular season by a badly-strained left hamstring — punched a two-out two-run double down the left field line to score Loney from third base and Longoria all the way from the first base bag.
Cleveland loaded the bases in the fourth but Asdrubal Cabrera hit into an inning-ending doubleplay.
That doubleplay quieted what was a pretty raucous crowd at the Indians’ Progressive Field.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)