Oct 2, 2013, 9:43 PM EDT
Tampa Bay has increased its early lead in this American League Wild Card Game in Cleveland.
James Loney and Evan Longoria hit consecutive one-out singles in the top of the fourth inning and then Desmond Jennings — who was hobbled near the end of the regular season by a badly-strained left hamstring — punched a two-out two-run double down the left field line to score Loney from third base and Longoria all the way from the first base bag.
Cleveland loaded the bases in the fourth but Asdrubal Cabrera hit into an inning-ending doubleplay.
That doubleplay quieted what was a pretty raucous crowd at the Indians’ Progressive Field.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)