Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
The Red Sox won’t know their ALDS opponent until the conclusion of Wednesday night’s AL Wild Card Game, but their first-round rotation is already set.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com on Wednesday afternoon that Jon Lester will start in Game 1, John Lackey will start in Game 2, Clay Buchholz will handle Game 3 and Jake Peavy will take the hill if needed in Game 4. Felix Doubront will be in the bullpen.
Boston is set to kick off its best-of-five Division Series on Friday — 3 p.m. ET — at Fenway Park.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)