Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
The Red Sox won’t know their ALDS opponent until the conclusion of Wednesday night’s AL Wild Card Game, but their first-round rotation is already set.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com on Wednesday afternoon that Jon Lester will start in Game 1, John Lackey will start in Game 2, Clay Buchholz will handle Game 3 and Jake Peavy will take the hill if needed in Game 4. Felix Doubront will be in the bullpen.
Boston is set to kick off its best-of-five Division Series on Friday — 3 p.m. ET — at Fenway Park.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 2
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 29
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 89
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (92)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)