Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
The Red Sox won’t know their ALDS opponent until the conclusion of Wednesday night’s AL Wild Card Game, but their first-round rotation is already set.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com on Wednesday afternoon that Jon Lester will start in Game 1, John Lackey will start in Game 2, Clay Buchholz will handle Game 3 and Jake Peavy will take the hill if needed in Game 4. Felix Doubront will be in the bullpen.
Boston is set to kick off its best-of-five Division Series on Friday — 3 p.m. ET — at Fenway Park.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)