Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
The Red Sox won’t know their ALDS opponent until the conclusion of Wednesday night’s AL Wild Card Game, but their first-round rotation is already set.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com on Wednesday afternoon that Jon Lester will start in Game 1, John Lackey will start in Game 2, Clay Buchholz will handle Game 3 and Jake Peavy will take the hill if needed in Game 4. Felix Doubront will be in the bullpen.
Boston is set to kick off its best-of-five Division Series on Friday — 3 p.m. ET — at Fenway Park.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)