Oct 2, 2013, 6:39 PM EDT
The Red Sox won’t know their ALDS opponent until the conclusion of Wednesday night’s AL Wild Card Game, but their first-round rotation is already set.
Red Sox manager John Farrell told Sean McAdam of CSNNewEngland.com on Wednesday afternoon that Jon Lester will start in Game 1, John Lackey will start in Game 2, Clay Buchholz will handle Game 3 and Jake Peavy will take the hill if needed in Game 4. Felix Doubront will be in the bullpen.
Boston is set to kick off its best-of-five Division Series on Friday — 3 p.m. ET — at Fenway Park.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)