Oct 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After last night’s Wild Card game loss to the Pirates general manager Walt Jocketty was asked if there was any question whether Dusty Baker will remain the Reds’ manager next season and replied: “I don’t think so. He’s signed for another year.”
Cincinnati has won 90-plus games and made the playoffs in three of the past four seasons under Baker, but the Reds have yet to win a playoff series during that time and have a 2-7 record in the postseason overall.
Of course, prior to Baker’s arrival the Reds had gone 12 straight seasons without a playoff appearance, finishing above .500 just twice over that span.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8