Oct 2, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After last night’s Wild Card game loss to the Pirates general manager Walt Jocketty was asked if there was any question whether Dusty Baker will remain the Reds’ manager next season and replied: “I don’t think so. He’s signed for another year.”
Cincinnati has won 90-plus games and made the playoffs in three of the past four seasons under Baker, but the Reds have yet to win a playoff series during that time and have a 2-7 record in the postseason overall.
Of course, prior to Baker’s arrival the Reds had gone 12 straight seasons without a playoff appearance, finishing above .500 just twice over that span.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)