Oct 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Someone made an oopsie.
The Chicago Tribune reports that a bunch of Ron Santo memorabilia was tossed into a dumpster by Cubs employees. It was saved, however, by the owner of Murphy’s Bar who saw it in the dumpster. It was retrieved by bartenders who let the Santo family know about it. The Cubs, obviously embarrassed, apologized. Now the Santo family is going to determine what it wants and what it’ll let the bar keep.
I think the Cubs have already spoken as to what they think of it.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8