Oct 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Someone made an oopsie.
The Chicago Tribune reports that a bunch of Ron Santo memorabilia was tossed into a dumpster by Cubs employees. It was saved, however, by the owner of Murphy’s Bar who saw it in the dumpster. It was retrieved by bartenders who let the Santo family know about it. The Cubs, obviously embarrassed, apologized. Now the Santo family is going to determine what it wants and what it’ll let the bar keep.
I think the Cubs have already spoken as to what they think of it.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (96)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)