Oct 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Someone made an oopsie.
The Chicago Tribune reports that a bunch of Ron Santo memorabilia was tossed into a dumpster by Cubs employees. It was saved, however, by the owner of Murphy’s Bar who saw it in the dumpster. It was retrieved by bartenders who let the Santo family know about it. The Cubs, obviously embarrassed, apologized. Now the Santo family is going to determine what it wants and what it’ll let the bar keep.
I think the Cubs have already spoken as to what they think of it.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)