Oct 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Someone made an oopsie.
The Chicago Tribune reports that a bunch of Ron Santo memorabilia was tossed into a dumpster by Cubs employees. It was saved, however, by the owner of Murphy’s Bar who saw it in the dumpster. It was retrieved by bartenders who let the Santo family know about it. The Cubs, obviously embarrassed, apologized. Now the Santo family is going to determine what it wants and what it’ll let the bar keep.
I think the Cubs have already spoken as to what they think of it.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)