Oct 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Someone made an oopsie.
The Chicago Tribune reports that a bunch of Ron Santo memorabilia was tossed into a dumpster by Cubs employees. It was saved, however, by the owner of Murphy’s Bar who saw it in the dumpster. It was retrieved by bartenders who let the Santo family know about it. The Cubs, obviously embarrassed, apologized. Now the Santo family is going to determine what it wants and what it’ll let the bar keep.
I think the Cubs have already spoken as to what they think of it.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)