Oct 2, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Yu Darvish exited his September 9 start with what the Rangers called leg cramping and was visited by a trainer early in his final start of the season last week, so this news makes sense: Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas reports that Darvish “suffered from a nerve problem in his lower back and buttocks area in September.”
According to Willis he pitched through the injury for the entire month, which makes his 3.34 ERA and 41 strikeouts in 35 innings pretty damn impressive considering his velocity was down.
Rangers manager Ron Washington repeatedly declined to share the details of Darvish’s health status when asked at various points last month and in reporting that Darvish suffered from sciatica Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News was unable to get a comment from Darvish or general manager Jon Daniels.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17