Oct 3, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLDS has turned into a full-fledged rout.
After adding one run in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals scored another run in the sixth after Yadier Molina doubled to right-center field and Matt Adams scored after Andrew McCutchen committed the third error of the afternoon for the Pirates. The Cardinals now lead it 9-1 as we move into the top of the seventh inning.
Wainwright has allowed just three hits and no walks while striking out seven so far. He has thrown 61 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 44
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 6
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)