Oct 3, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLDS has turned into a full-fledged rout.
After adding one run in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals scored another run in the sixth after Yadier Molina doubled to right-center field and Matt Adams scored after Andrew McCutchen committed the third error of the afternoon for the Pirates. The Cardinals now lead it 9-1 as we move into the top of the seventh inning.
Wainwright has allowed just three hits and no walks while striking out seven so far. He has thrown 61 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 24
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 45
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 66
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 49
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 90
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (198)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (103)