Oct 3, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLDS has turned into a full-fledged rout.
After adding one run in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals scored another run in the sixth after Yadier Molina doubled to right-center field and Matt Adams scored after Andrew McCutchen committed the third error of the afternoon for the Pirates. The Cardinals now lead it 9-1 as we move into the top of the seventh inning.
Wainwright has allowed just three hits and no walks while striking out seven so far. He has thrown 61 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)