Oct 3, 2013, 7:28 PM EST
Game 1 of the NLDS has turned into a full-fledged rout.
After adding one run in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals scored another run in the sixth after Yadier Molina doubled to right-center field and Matt Adams scored after Andrew McCutchen committed the third error of the afternoon for the Pirates. The Cardinals now lead it 9-1 as we move into the top of the seventh inning.
Wainwright has allowed just three hits and no walks while striking out seven so far. He has thrown 61 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)