Oct 3, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT
Game 1 of the NLDS has turned into a full-fledged rout.
After adding one run in the bottom of the fifth inning, the Cardinals scored another run in the sixth after Yadier Molina doubled to right-center field and Matt Adams scored after Andrew McCutchen committed the third error of the afternoon for the Pirates. The Cardinals now lead it 9-1 as we move into the top of the seventh inning.
Wainwright has allowed just three hits and no walks while striking out seven so far. He has thrown 61 out of 90 pitches for strikes.
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 7
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 27
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 24
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 43
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 94
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)