Oct 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
My personal feeling: the wild card is a lot of fun. But it’s also unfair. What to do?
Today Bob Costas talked to Dan Patrick about that. Costas has a good idea about how to make the wild card a bit more fair. Key point: Doubleheader. I like it. Best part: the calendar can probably accommodate it and it benefits the best team in the league even more, putting more pressure on teams to win their division.
Will it happen? I doubt it, but I think it’s pretty awesome.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)