Oct 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
My personal feeling: the wild card is a lot of fun. But it’s also unfair. What to do?
Today Bob Costas talked to Dan Patrick about that. Costas has a good idea about how to make the wild card a bit more fair. Key point: Doubleheader. I like it. Best part: the calendar can probably accommodate it and it benefits the best team in the league even more, putting more pressure on teams to win their division.
Will it happen? I doubt it, but I think it’s pretty awesome.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)