Oct 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
My personal feeling: the wild card is a lot of fun. But it’s also unfair. What to do?
Today Bob Costas talked to Dan Patrick about that. Costas has a good idea about how to make the wild card a bit more fair. Key point: Doubleheader. I like it. Best part: the calendar can probably accommodate it and it benefits the best team in the league even more, putting more pressure on teams to win their division.
Will it happen? I doubt it, but I think it’s pretty awesome.
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 2
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 33
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (112)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)