Oct 3, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
My personal feeling: the wild card is a lot of fun. But it’s also unfair. What to do?
Today Bob Costas talked to Dan Patrick about that. Costas has a good idea about how to make the wild card a bit more fair. Key point: Doubleheader. I like it. Best part: the calendar can probably accommodate it and it benefits the best team in the league even more, putting more pressure on teams to win their division.
Will it happen? I doubt it, but I think it’s pretty awesome.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 0
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 38
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)