Dodgers tack on two more runs against Kris Medlen

Oct 3, 2013, 9:36 PM EDT

Adrian Gonzalez Getty Getty Images

Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw has a nice early cushion to work with in Game 1 of the NLDS.

After Braves right-hander Kris Medlen gave up two runs in the top of the second inning, he served up a two-run homer to Adrian Gonzalez in the top of the third. Carl Crawford singled to lead off the inning before Medlen got Mark Ellis to pop up to second base and Hanley Ramirez on a ground out, but Gonzalez followed with a long blast to straight away center field to give the Dodgers a 4-0 lead. You can watch the video of the home run below:

Kershaw with a four-run lead is a dangerous thing. As Eric Stephen of True Blue L.A. points out, the Dodgers went 14-1 this season when scoring four or more runs in Kershaw starts. With that in mind, we’re moving to the bottom of the third inning at Turner Field.

1. Jeff M. - Oct 3, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I wonder what the narrative on the big Red Sox trade is going to be after the postseason is over. I mean that sincerely . . . Gonzalez and Crawford have been a big part of why the Dodgers are still playing in October.

• kingscourt25 - Oct 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM

there needs to be a Red Sox/Dodgers World Series

• Jeff M. - Oct 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM

That would be cool. I think that’s the Vegas favorite right now.

2. phillphan - Oct 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I’m just glad Gonzalez circled the bases in the correct amount of time and didn’t look to long at home plate

• Jeff M. - Oct 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Ha ha ha! I didn’t even think about that. Although, Gonzalez is quite a bit bigger than Gomez is . . . Adrian might’ve just picked up McCann and gently placed him off the base path.

3. Jeff M. - Oct 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ellis!
    5 – 0!!!!!

4. newyorkmetsfan1 - Oct 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Can anybody explain all the hate on Ron Darling to me? He’s easily my favorite analyst on TV.

• Caught Looking - Oct 3, 2013 at 10:13 PM

You haven’t watched much TV.

5. losanginsight - Oct 3, 2013 at 11:14 PM

This is Atlanta’s #1 guy? Different ball in the NL West.

• Jeff M. - Oct 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Medlen was great in the first inning. I’m not afraid to admit that I was a little worried after watching him strike out the first three Dodgers batters.

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate