Oct 3, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Sveum previously worked as a coach under Yost in Milwaukee and in fact stepped in as interim manager when the Brewers fired Yost in late 2008.
No word yet on Sveum’s exact role, but Dutton also reports that third base coach Eddie Rodriguez and bench coach Chino Cadahia were let go, with Cadahia being offered a different role in the organization. Bench coach seems like a good bet for Sveum, who went 127-197 (.392) in two seasons as Cubs skipper.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)