Oct 3, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Sveum previously worked as a coach under Yost in Milwaukee and in fact stepped in as interim manager when the Brewers fired Yost in late 2008.
No word yet on Sveum’s exact role, but Dutton also reports that third base coach Eddie Rodriguez and bench coach Chino Cadahia were let go, with Cadahia being offered a different role in the organization. Bench coach seems like a good bet for Sveum, who went 127-197 (.392) in two seasons as Cubs skipper.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 2
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)