Oct 3, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Sveum previously worked as a coach under Yost in Milwaukee and in fact stepped in as interim manager when the Brewers fired Yost in late 2008.
No word yet on Sveum’s exact role, but Dutton also reports that third base coach Eddie Rodriguez and bench coach Chino Cadahia were let go, with Cadahia being offered a different role in the organization. Bench coach seems like a good bet for Sveum, who went 127-197 (.392) in two seasons as Cubs skipper.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)