Oct 3, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Sveum previously worked as a coach under Yost in Milwaukee and in fact stepped in as interim manager when the Brewers fired Yost in late 2008.
No word yet on Sveum’s exact role, but Dutton also reports that third base coach Eddie Rodriguez and bench coach Chino Cadahia were let go, with Cadahia being offered a different role in the organization. Bench coach seems like a good bet for Sveum, who went 127-197 (.392) in two seasons as Cubs skipper.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)