Oct 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Moore will be followed in the ALDS rotation by Price, who’ll be working on full rest in Game 2, with Cobb expected to take Game 3 and Archer slated for Game 4.
Moore was fantastic in his second full season at age 23, going 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA in 27 starts. He walked 76 batters in 150 innings and uncorked a league-high 17 wild pitches, however, so controlling his excellent raw stuff will be a big factor against a patient Boston lineup that drew the second-most walks in the league.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)