Oct 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Moore will be followed in the ALDS rotation by Price, who’ll be working on full rest in Game 2, with Cobb expected to take Game 3 and Archer slated for Game 4.
Moore was fantastic in his second full season at age 23, going 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA in 27 starts. He walked 76 batters in 150 innings and uncorked a league-high 17 wild pitches, however, so controlling his excellent raw stuff will be a big factor against a patient Boston lineup that drew the second-most walks in the league.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)