Oct 3, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Moore will be followed in the ALDS rotation by Price, who’ll be working on full rest in Game 2, with Cobb expected to take Game 3 and Archer slated for Game 4.
Moore was fantastic in his second full season at age 23, going 17-4 with a 3.29 ERA in 27 starts. He walked 76 batters in 150 innings and uncorked a league-high 17 wild pitches, however, so controlling his excellent raw stuff will be a big factor against a patient Boston lineup that drew the second-most walks in the league.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (105)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)