Oct 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Before the post-Wild Card portion of the playoffs officially gets underway in an hour or so here’s a look at the Las Vegas odds on winning the World Series, via Bovada:
Red Sox 3.75-to-1 Dodgers 4.50-to-1 Tigers 4.75-to-1 Cardinals 5.50-to-1 Braves 7.00-to-1 Athletics 7.50-to-1 Rays 8.00-to-1 Pirates 10.00-to-1
I’m a fairly big believer in the playoffs mostly being a bunch of coin-flips, in which case most teams are truly somewhere around 8-to-1 to win the World Series. So probably not a ton of good value to be had in the above odds, which is how these things tend to work, although the Pirates, Rays, and A’s would be fun to take fliers on.
Also: Don’t gamble. It’s bad for you. Seriously.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)