Oct 3, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Before the post-Wild Card portion of the playoffs officially gets underway in an hour or so here’s a look at the Las Vegas odds on winning the World Series, via Bovada:
Red Sox 3.75-to-1 Dodgers 4.50-to-1 Tigers 4.75-to-1 Cardinals 5.50-to-1 Braves 7.00-to-1 Athletics 7.50-to-1 Rays 8.00-to-1 Pirates 10.00-to-1
I’m a fairly big believer in the playoffs mostly being a bunch of coin-flips, in which case most teams are truly somewhere around 8-to-1 to win the World Series. So probably not a ton of good value to be had in the above odds, which is how these things tend to work, although the Pirates, Rays, and A’s would be fun to take fliers on.
Also: Don’t gamble. It’s bad for you. Seriously.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)