Oct 4, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Rays and Red Sox lineups for Game 1 of the ALDS, at Fenway Park …
SP Matt Moore
Rays manager Joe Maddon has made some changes compared to his Wild Card game lineup because the Red Sox are starting left-hander Jon Lester, moving Desmond Jennings back into the leadoff spot, dropping James Loney down in the order, and using Sean Rodriguez in left field instead of David DeJesus. Jose Lobaton also gets the start behind the plate in place of Jose Molina. Oh, and Delmon “Mr. October” Young gets another start at designated hitter, moving up to the fifth spot behind Evan Longoria.
SP Jon Lester
Red Sox manager John Farrell is going with a pretty typical late-season lineup, with Jonny Gomes starting over Daniel Nava against Rays left-hander Matt Moore.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)