Oct 4, 2013, 1:48 PM EST
Rays and Red Sox lineups for Game 1 of the ALDS, at Fenway Park …
SP Matt Moore
Rays manager Joe Maddon has made some changes compared to his Wild Card game lineup because the Red Sox are starting left-hander Jon Lester, moving Desmond Jennings back into the leadoff spot, dropping James Loney down in the order, and using Sean Rodriguez in left field instead of David DeJesus. Jose Lobaton also gets the start behind the plate in place of Jose Molina. Oh, and Delmon “Mr. October” Young gets another start at designated hitter, moving up to the fifth spot behind Evan Longoria.
SP Jon Lester
Red Sox manager John Farrell is going with a pretty typical late-season lineup, with Jonny Gomes starting over Daniel Nava against Rays left-hander Matt Moore.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)