Oct 4, 2013, 1:48 PM EDT
Rays and Red Sox lineups for Game 1 of the ALDS, at Fenway Park …
SP Matt Moore
Rays manager Joe Maddon has made some changes compared to his Wild Card game lineup because the Red Sox are starting left-hander Jon Lester, moving Desmond Jennings back into the leadoff spot, dropping James Loney down in the order, and using Sean Rodriguez in left field instead of David DeJesus. Jose Lobaton also gets the start behind the plate in place of Jose Molina. Oh, and Delmon “Mr. October” Young gets another start at designated hitter, moving up to the fifth spot behind Evan Longoria.
SP Jon Lester
Red Sox manager John Farrell is going with a pretty typical late-season lineup, with Jonny Gomes starting over Daniel Nava against Rays left-hander Matt Moore.
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)