Oct 4, 2013, 4:01 PM EST
Union boss Michael Weiner doesn’t have long. His doctors say that his cancer will kill him in between two and six months.
However Chris Jones of ESPN the Magazine met with Weiner recently and what he found was a man who goes to work everyday and appears to have as healthy a perspective on his fate as anyone in his position might be expected to have.
Screw cancer. Seriously. Screw it sideways.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (124)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)