Oct 4, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
Union boss Michael Weiner doesn’t have long. His doctors say that his cancer will kill him in between two and six months.
However Chris Jones of ESPN the Magazine met with Weiner recently and what he found was a man who goes to work everyday and appears to have as healthy a perspective on his fate as anyone in his position might be expected to have.
Screw cancer. Seriously. Screw it sideways.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 32
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 25
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 35
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 71
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 220
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)