Oct 4, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
There has been speculation about the job security for Angels manager Mike Scioscia and GM Jerry Dipoto. Looks like they’re safe:
Although maybe not a formal announcement, #Angels expected to let media/fans know if both Scioscia/Dipoto are staying, to end speculation.
— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) October 4, 2013
The Angels played much better in the second half than the first. And Mike Scioscia is under contract for several years. And, by most accounts, it wasn’t Jerry Dipoto’s call to sign Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols. As such, it’s probably fair to keep them around a little while longer.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 72
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47