Oct 4, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
There has been speculation about the job security for Angels manager Mike Scioscia and GM Jerry Dipoto. Looks like they’re safe:
Although maybe not a formal announcement, #Angels expected to let media/fans know if both Scioscia/Dipoto are staying, to end speculation.
— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) October 4, 2013
The Angels played much better in the second half than the first. And Mike Scioscia is under contract for several years. And, by most accounts, it wasn’t Jerry Dipoto’s call to sign Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols. As such, it’s probably fair to keep them around a little while longer.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)