Oct 4, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
There has been speculation about the job security for Angels manager Mike Scioscia and GM Jerry Dipoto. Looks like they’re safe:
Although maybe not a formal announcement, #Angels expected to let media/fans know if both Scioscia/Dipoto are staying, to end speculation.
— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) October 4, 2013
The Angels played much better in the second half than the first. And Mike Scioscia is under contract for several years. And, by most accounts, it wasn’t Jerry Dipoto’s call to sign Josh Hamilton and Albert Pujols. As such, it’s probably fair to keep them around a little while longer.
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 15
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 15
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)