Oct 4, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Because he’s already on the hook for the lawyers anyway, Alex Rodriguez reportedly filed his second suit of the day this afternoon, alleging medical malpractice from the Yankees team doctor and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
The news comes down from ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchard, who also had the scoop in August that Rodriguez was preparing such a suit:
Rodriguez and his lawyers believe they have evidence that supports their contention that Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ team doctor, misdiagnosed A-Rod’s hip injury during last October’s playoffs. They have yet to file the suit as they continue to put together their case.
Rodriguez will likely present evidence that suggests Ahmad misdiagnosed his hip injury last October and then later withheld information that indicated Rodriguez needed surgery. Rodriguez didn’t undergo surgery until January and missed the first four months of 2013. Had he known earlier that he needed the procedure, he might have been able to make it back in May or June.
Rodriguez’s previous suit Friday was filed against MLB and commissioner Bud Selig, accusing them of engaging in a witch hunt, among other things.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)