Oct 4, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Because he’s already on the hook for the lawyers anyway, Alex Rodriguez reportedly filed his second suit of the day this afternoon, alleging medical malpractice from the Yankees team doctor and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
The news comes down from ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchard, who also had the scoop in August that Rodriguez was preparing such a suit:
Rodriguez and his lawyers believe they have evidence that supports their contention that Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ team doctor, misdiagnosed A-Rod’s hip injury during last October’s playoffs. They have yet to file the suit as they continue to put together their case.
Rodriguez will likely present evidence that suggests Ahmad misdiagnosed his hip injury last October and then later withheld information that indicated Rodriguez needed surgery. Rodriguez didn’t undergo surgery until January and missed the first four months of 2013. Had he known earlier that he needed the procedure, he might have been able to make it back in May or June.
Rodriguez’s previous suit Friday was filed against MLB and commissioner Bud Selig, accusing them of engaging in a witch hunt, among other things.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 37
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)