Oct 4, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Because he’s already on the hook for the lawyers anyway, Alex Rodriguez reportedly filed his second suit of the day this afternoon, alleging medical malpractice from the Yankees team doctor and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
The news comes down from ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchard, who also had the scoop in August that Rodriguez was preparing such a suit:
Rodriguez and his lawyers believe they have evidence that supports their contention that Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ team doctor, misdiagnosed A-Rod’s hip injury during last October’s playoffs. They have yet to file the suit as they continue to put together their case.
Rodriguez will likely present evidence that suggests Ahmad misdiagnosed his hip injury last October and then later withheld information that indicated Rodriguez needed surgery. Rodriguez didn’t undergo surgery until January and missed the first four months of 2013. Had he known earlier that he needed the procedure, he might have been able to make it back in May or June.
Rodriguez’s previous suit Friday was filed against MLB and commissioner Bud Selig, accusing them of engaging in a witch hunt, among other things.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 1
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 51
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (265)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)