Oct 4, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Because he’s already on the hook for the lawyers anyway, Alex Rodriguez reportedly filed his second suit of the day this afternoon, alleging medical malpractice from the Yankees team doctor and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
The news comes down from ESPNNewYork.com’s Andrew Marchard, who also had the scoop in August that Rodriguez was preparing such a suit:
Rodriguez and his lawyers believe they have evidence that supports their contention that Chris Ahmad, the Yankees’ team doctor, misdiagnosed A-Rod’s hip injury during last October’s playoffs. They have yet to file the suit as they continue to put together their case.
Rodriguez will likely present evidence that suggests Ahmad misdiagnosed his hip injury last October and then later withheld information that indicated Rodriguez needed surgery. Rodriguez didn’t undergo surgery until January and missed the first four months of 2013. Had he known earlier that he needed the procedure, he might have been able to make it back in May or June.
Rodriguez’s previous suit Friday was filed against MLB and commissioner Bud Selig, accusing them of engaging in a witch hunt, among other things.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)