Oct 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
In the complaint Bud Selig and Major League Baseball are accused of acting underhandedly, pursuing A-Rod in a “witch hunt,” violating the Joint Drug Agreement and Collective Bargaining Agreement and seeking to trash A-Rod out of spite, vengeance and in an effort to secure Bud Selig’s legacy.
The actual legal cause of action: tortious interference with A-Rod’s contract with the Yankees and tortious interference with Rodriguez’s endorsement opportunities, endorsements and other business deals. The complaint is about 98% background and factual allegations, however, and no explosive word is spared. This is A-Rod dumping gasoline all over Major League Baseball and lighting a match.
The question: has A-Rod thought about how he leaves the room without getting burned himself? And does he care?
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 14
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 31
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (112)