Oct 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
In the complaint Bud Selig and Major League Baseball are accused of acting underhandedly, pursuing A-Rod in a “witch hunt,” violating the Joint Drug Agreement and Collective Bargaining Agreement and seeking to trash A-Rod out of spite, vengeance and in an effort to secure Bud Selig’s legacy.
The actual legal cause of action: tortious interference with A-Rod’s contract with the Yankees and tortious interference with Rodriguez’s endorsement opportunities, endorsements and other business deals. The complaint is about 98% background and factual allegations, however, and no explosive word is spared. This is A-Rod dumping gasoline all over Major League Baseball and lighting a match.
The question: has A-Rod thought about how he leaves the room without getting burned himself? And does he care?
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 13
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 29
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (125)