Oct 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
In the complaint Bud Selig and Major League Baseball are accused of acting underhandedly, pursuing A-Rod in a “witch hunt,” violating the Joint Drug Agreement and Collective Bargaining Agreement and seeking to trash A-Rod out of spite, vengeance and in an effort to secure Bud Selig’s legacy.
The actual legal cause of action: tortious interference with A-Rod’s contract with the Yankees and tortious interference with Rodriguez’s endorsement opportunities, endorsements and other business deals. The complaint is about 98% background and factual allegations, however, and no explosive word is spared. This is A-Rod dumping gasoline all over Major League Baseball and lighting a match.
The question: has A-Rod thought about how he leaves the room without getting burned himself? And does he care?
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)