Oct 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
In the complaint Bud Selig and Major League Baseball are accused of acting underhandedly, pursuing A-Rod in a “witch hunt,” violating the Joint Drug Agreement and Collective Bargaining Agreement and seeking to trash A-Rod out of spite, vengeance and in an effort to secure Bud Selig’s legacy.
The actual legal cause of action: tortious interference with A-Rod’s contract with the Yankees and tortious interference with Rodriguez’s endorsement opportunities, endorsements and other business deals. The complaint is about 98% background and factual allegations, however, and no explosive word is spared. This is A-Rod dumping gasoline all over Major League Baseball and lighting a match.
The question: has A-Rod thought about how he leaves the room without getting burned himself? And does he care?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)