Oct 4, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
In the complaint Bud Selig and Major League Baseball are accused of acting underhandedly, pursuing A-Rod in a “witch hunt,” violating the Joint Drug Agreement and Collective Bargaining Agreement and seeking to trash A-Rod out of spite, vengeance and in an effort to secure Bud Selig’s legacy.
The actual legal cause of action: tortious interference with A-Rod’s contract with the Yankees and tortious interference with Rodriguez’s endorsement opportunities, endorsements and other business deals. The complaint is about 98% background and factual allegations, however, and no explosive word is spared. This is A-Rod dumping gasoline all over Major League Baseball and lighting a match.
The question: has A-Rod thought about how he leaves the room without getting burned himself? And does he care?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)