Oct 4, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Know who the happiest guy in the world is right now? Joe Girardi’s agent. Because he has not one, not two, but three job openings that Girardi could plausibly jump at in Cincinnati, Washington and Chicago, and thus his leverage is only increasing.
Against that backdrop:
**Girardi Update** I have learned that Washington Nationals have requested permission to interview Joe Girardi. Reds may be calling shortly.
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) October 4, 2013
Kaplan thinks that if Girardi goes anywhere it’d be Chicago. If I had to guess I’d say he stays in New York. But it’s nice to have options.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 26
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)