Oct 4, 2013, 9:39 AM EST
Know who the happiest guy in the world is right now? Joe Girardi’s agent. Because he has not one, not two, but three job openings that Girardi could plausibly jump at in Cincinnati, Washington and Chicago, and thus his leverage is only increasing.
Against that backdrop:
**Girardi Update** I have learned that Washington Nationals have requested permission to interview Joe Girardi. Reds may be calling shortly.
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) October 4, 2013
Kaplan thinks that if Girardi goes anywhere it’d be Chicago. If I had to guess I’d say he stays in New York. But it’s nice to have options.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)