Oct 4, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Know who the happiest guy in the world is right now? Joe Girardi’s agent. Because he has not one, not two, but three job openings that Girardi could plausibly jump at in Cincinnati, Washington and Chicago, and thus his leverage is only increasing.
Against that backdrop:
**Girardi Update** I have learned that Washington Nationals have requested permission to interview Joe Girardi. Reds may be calling shortly.
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) October 4, 2013
Kaplan thinks that if Girardi goes anywhere it’d be Chicago. If I had to guess I’d say he stays in New York. But it’s nice to have options.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)