Oct 4, 2013, 9:39 AM EST
Know who the happiest guy in the world is right now? Joe Girardi’s agent. Because he has not one, not two, but three job openings that Girardi could plausibly jump at in Cincinnati, Washington and Chicago, and thus his leverage is only increasing.
Against that backdrop:
**Girardi Update** I have learned that Washington Nationals have requested permission to interview Joe Girardi. Reds may be calling shortly.
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) October 4, 2013
Kaplan thinks that if Girardi goes anywhere it’d be Chicago. If I had to guess I’d say he stays in New York. But it’s nice to have options.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)