Oct 4, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
Know who the happiest guy in the world is right now? Joe Girardi’s agent. Because he has not one, not two, but three job openings that Girardi could plausibly jump at in Cincinnati, Washington and Chicago, and thus his leverage is only increasing.
Against that backdrop:
**Girardi Update** I have learned that Washington Nationals have requested permission to interview Joe Girardi. Reds may be calling shortly.
— David Kaplan (@thekapman) October 4, 2013
Kaplan thinks that if Girardi goes anywhere it’d be Chicago. If I had to guess I’d say he stays in New York. But it’s nice to have options.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 9
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)