Oct 4, 2013, 12:42 AM EST
Batting fifth for just the second time as a major leaguer, Yasiel Puig went 2-for-3 and collected an outfield assist in his first postseason game as the Dodgers beat the Braves 6-1 on Thursday.
Puig got his first at-bat in the second, singled into center and then hustled his way to third on another single to center. He went on to score on Skip Schumaker‘s sac fly, giving the Dodgers their first run.
The outfield assist came in the bottom of the second on a little fly to shallow right with Evan Gattis on first. Puig didn’t appear to intentionally deke Gattis, but with the way he kept his glove down to his side as he was coming in on the ball, Gattis apparently thought it was going to drop. It turned into an easy double play for the Dodgers.
Puig singled again in the third and was hit by a pitch in the fifth. He struck out in his last two at-bats in the sixth and ninth.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)