Oct 5, 2013, 4:02 PM EDT
Rays and Red Sox lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS, at Fenway Park. First pitch is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET …
SP David Price
Joe Maddon’s lineup is similar to what we speculated this morning, as David DeJesus is playing left field and batting leadoff while Sean Rodriguez is on the bench. Meanwhile, Jose Molina is starting behind the plate over Jose Lobaton with Price on the mound. Everybody else is the same as Game 1, though Evan Longoria is the only one who is in the same spot in the lineup. It looks like Delmon Young has taken over as the regular DH, at least for now.
SP John Lackey
As expected, Ross is catching Lackey rather than Jarrod Saltalamacchia. It makes sense with another left-hander going for the Rays. And while we’re talking about a small sample, Ross has homered in each game he has started against Price in each of the last two seasons. Red Sox manager John Farrell cited Ross’ rapport with Lackey when talking to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald today, though he has only caught him twice this year. While Will Middlebrooks batted ninth in Game 1, he’ll hit seventh today. Otherwise, everything is the same as yesterday.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)