Oct 5, 2013, 4:02 PM EST
Rays and Red Sox lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS, at Fenway Park. First pitch is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET …
SP David Price
Joe Maddon’s lineup is similar to what we speculated this morning, as David DeJesus is playing left field and batting leadoff while Sean Rodriguez is on the bench. Meanwhile, Jose Molina is starting behind the plate over Jose Lobaton with Price on the mound. Everybody else is the same as Game 1, though Evan Longoria is the only one who is in the same spot in the lineup. It looks like Delmon Young has taken over as the regular DH, at least for now.
SP John Lackey
As expected, Ross is catching Lackey rather than Jarrod Saltalamacchia. It makes sense with another left-hander going for the Rays. And while we’re talking about a small sample, Ross has homered in each game he has started against Price in each of the last two seasons. Red Sox manager John Farrell cited Ross’ rapport with Lackey when talking to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald today, though he has only caught him twice this year. While Will Middlebrooks batted ninth in Game 1, he’ll hit seventh today. Otherwise, everything is the same as yesterday.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 72
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)