Oct 5, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
Tigers and Athletics lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS, at O.co Coliseum. First pitch is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. ET …
I speculated this morning that we might see Jhonny Peralta in left field rather than Andy Dirks, but it’s actually Kelly who will get the start. Dirks had some bad at-bats last night, so it’s not surprising to see him sitting, but it appears that Jim Leyland isn’t willing to gamble with Peralta in left quite yet. Otherwise, everything is the same as Game 1.
SP Sonny Gray
Confirming suspicions from this morning, Daric Barton is on the bench for Game 2 while Brandon Moss will play first base. Meanwhile, Seth Smith will get the start out of the designated hitter spot. The top five spots in the lineup are the same as last night, but Smith moves into the No. 6 spot while Reddick and Vogt both move down.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (108)