Oct 5, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Tigers and Athletics lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS, at O.co Coliseum. First pitch is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. ET …
I speculated this morning that we might see Jhonny Peralta in left field rather than Andy Dirks, but it’s actually Kelly who will get the start. Dirks had some bad at-bats last night, so it’s not surprising to see him sitting, but it appears that Jim Leyland isn’t willing to gamble with Peralta in left quite yet. Otherwise, everything is the same as Game 1.
SP Sonny Gray
Confirming suspicions from this morning, Daric Barton is on the bench for Game 2 while Brandon Moss will play first base. Meanwhile, Seth Smith will get the start out of the designated hitter spot. The top five spots in the lineup are the same as last night, but Smith moves into the No. 6 spot while Reddick and Vogt both move down.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)