Oct 5, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
Tigers and Athletics lineups for Game 2 of the ALDS, at O.co Coliseum. First pitch is scheduled for 9:00 p.m. ET …
I speculated this morning that we might see Jhonny Peralta in left field rather than Andy Dirks, but it’s actually Kelly who will get the start. Dirks had some bad at-bats last night, so it’s not surprising to see him sitting, but it appears that Jim Leyland isn’t willing to gamble with Peralta in left quite yet. Otherwise, everything is the same as Game 1.
SP Sonny Gray
Confirming suspicions from this morning, Daric Barton is on the bench for Game 2 while Brandon Moss will play first base. Meanwhile, Seth Smith will get the start out of the designated hitter spot. The top five spots in the lineup are the same as last night, but Smith moves into the No. 6 spot while Reddick and Vogt both move down.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)