Oct 6, 2013, 3:27 PM EST
This recent trend of family member national anthems gets the HardballTalk seal of approval.
Andrew McCutchen‘s mom Petrina belted it out before the Pirates’ NL Wild Card Game win over the Reds on Tuesday night in Pittsburgh and now Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune reports that Julianna Zobrist — the wife of Rays star Ben Zobrist — will perform “The Star Spangled Banner” before Monday’s ALDS Game 3 against the Red Sox in Tampa Bay.
Julianna Zobrist is a professional singer in the Christian Pop genre. Ben uses this track of hers as his walkup song:
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (118)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)