Oct 7, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Major League Baseball just announced the 2013 nominees for the Hank Aaron Award. The award is intended to honor the best offensive performers in each league. Except it’s not exactly the most objective thing ever inasmuch as there is one nominee from every team and the winner will be selected by a fan vote in combination with a vote of select Hall of Fame players.
So, congrats guys, but the best offensive player should probably win the MVP Award, right?
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)