Oct 7, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Lineups for the first of four games (!) today …
Oakland manager Bob Melvin is going with the same lineup he used in Game 2, except Josh Donaldson and Jed Lowrie have swapped places in the batting order. Donaldson hit second 23 times during the regular season, including frequently down the stretch, and Lowrie was actually the A’s most-used No. 3 hitter all year.
In an effort to boost the offense Detroit manager Jim Leyland has decided to let Jhonny Peralta make his first start of the playoffs as a left fielder. Peralta was pushed out of the shortstop job during his 50-game suspension and worked out in left field to prepare for this scenario, appearing in three games as an outfielder late in September after previously never starting at a position other than shortstop or third base.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)