Oct 7, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Lineups for the first of four games (!) today …
Oakland manager Bob Melvin is going with the same lineup he used in Game 2, except Josh Donaldson and Jed Lowrie have swapped places in the batting order. Donaldson hit second 23 times during the regular season, including frequently down the stretch, and Lowrie was actually the A’s most-used No. 3 hitter all year.
In an effort to boost the offense Detroit manager Jim Leyland has decided to let Jhonny Peralta make his first start of the playoffs as a left fielder. Peralta was pushed out of the shortstop job during his 50-game suspension and worked out in left field to prepare for this scenario, appearing in three games as an outfielder late in September after previously never starting at a position other than shortstop or third base.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29