Oct 7, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Lineups as the Rays try to avoid a sweep …
After facing left-handers in the first two games of the series the Red Sox face right-hander Alex Cobb in Game 3, so manager John Farrell has Daniel Nava in left field instead of Jonny Gomes. Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate after giving way to David Ross at catcher in Game 2.
SP Alex Cobb
Delmon Young is out of the lineup, as Rays manager Joe Maddon goes with lefty bat Matt Joyce at designated hitter versus Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz. Maddon has also switched around some of the middle of the batting order, shifting Wil Myers into the cleanup spot and moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)