Oct 7, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Lineups as the Rays try to avoid a sweep …
After facing left-handers in the first two games of the series the Red Sox face right-hander Alex Cobb in Game 3, so manager John Farrell has Daniel Nava in left field instead of Jonny Gomes. Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate after giving way to David Ross at catcher in Game 2.
SP Alex Cobb
Delmon Young is out of the lineup, as Rays manager Joe Maddon goes with lefty bat Matt Joyce at designated hitter versus Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz. Maddon has also switched around some of the middle of the batting order, shifting Wil Myers into the cleanup spot and moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)