Oct 7, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Lineups as the Rays try to avoid a sweep …
After facing left-handers in the first two games of the series the Red Sox face right-hander Alex Cobb in Game 3, so manager John Farrell has Daniel Nava in left field instead of Jonny Gomes. Jarrod Saltalamacchia is back behind the plate after giving way to David Ross at catcher in Game 2.
SP Alex Cobb
Delmon Young is out of the lineup, as Rays manager Joe Maddon goes with lefty bat Matt Joyce at designated hitter versus Red Sox right-hander Clay Buchholz. Maddon has also switched around some of the middle of the batting order, shifting Wil Myers into the cleanup spot and moving Ben Zobrist into the No. 2 spot.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)