Oct 7, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Janish said he was lifting weights when a 45-pound barbell popped off a squat rack and hit him in the face. “It was a freak deal,” said Janish, who said he was not paying close attention to how the barbell was situated. “I’ve had some stitches, but it’s not bad. It doesn’t affect anything so long as I don’t get hit in the nose again. It’s just a little uncomfortable. It’s all right.”
If the Braves needed a backup infielder and Janish wasn’t able to play the emergency option at third base is apparently Gerald Laird (and his award-winning hirsute abs), which would immediately become the highlight of the 2013 playoffs.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59