Oct 7, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Facing elimination, the Braves are looking for a big performance out of veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia tonight against the Dodgers. It’s not working out so well thus far.
After Clayton Kershaw worked around an error for a scoreless top of the first inning, Carl Crawford led off the bottom of the inning by launching a solo homer to right field. The Dodgers threatened for more, as Hanley Ramirez singled and stole second base, but Justin Upton was able to track down a drive off the bat of Yasiel Puig to end the inning. Still, not an ideal start for the Braves.
The Dodgers lead this one 1-0 as we move to the top of the second inning in Los Angeles.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)