Oct 7, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Facing elimination, the Braves are looking for a big performance out of veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia tonight against the Dodgers. It’s not working out so well thus far.
After Clayton Kershaw worked around an error for a scoreless top of the first inning, Carl Crawford led off the bottom of the inning by launching a solo homer to right field. The Dodgers threatened for more, as Hanley Ramirez singled and stole second base, but Justin Upton was able to track down a drive off the bat of Yasiel Puig to end the inning. Still, not an ideal start for the Braves.
The Dodgers lead this one 1-0 as we move to the top of the second inning in Los Angeles.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)