Oct 7, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Braves are looking for a big performance out of veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia tonight against the Dodgers. It’s not working out so well thus far.
After Clayton Kershaw worked around an error for a scoreless top of the first inning, Carl Crawford led off the bottom of the inning by launching a solo homer to right field. The Dodgers threatened for more, as Hanley Ramirez singled and stole second base, but Justin Upton was able to track down a drive off the bat of Yasiel Puig to end the inning. Still, not an ideal start for the Braves.
The Dodgers lead this one 1-0 as we move to the top of the second inning in Los Angeles.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40