Oct 7, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
Facing elimination, the Braves are looking for a big performance out of veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia tonight against the Dodgers. It’s not working out so well thus far.
After Clayton Kershaw worked around an error for a scoreless top of the first inning, Carl Crawford led off the bottom of the inning by launching a solo homer to right field. The Dodgers threatened for more, as Hanley Ramirez singled and stole second base, but Justin Upton was able to track down a drive off the bat of Yasiel Puig to end the inning. Still, not an ideal start for the Braves.
The Dodgers lead this one 1-0 as we move to the top of the second inning in Los Angeles.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39