Oct 7, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Braves are looking for a big performance out of veteran right-hander Freddy Garcia tonight against the Dodgers. It’s not working out so well thus far.
After Clayton Kershaw worked around an error for a scoreless top of the first inning, Carl Crawford led off the bottom of the inning by launching a solo homer to right field. The Dodgers threatened for more, as Hanley Ramirez singled and stole second base, but Justin Upton was able to track down a drive off the bat of Yasiel Puig to end the inning. Still, not an ideal start for the Braves.
The Dodgers lead this one 1-0 as we move to the top of the second inning in Los Angeles.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)