Oct 7, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Every fall, like clockwork. These are becoming more ubiquitous than BSOHL stories during spring training:
And of course totally vapid and ill-informed about the economics and nature of baseball. But what else is new?
These clowns are doing nothing but channeling ancient nostalgia imported from a time when baseball was the only major sport and trafficking in standard old man “people don’t have attention spans anymore and all of these newfangled devices are just so consarned confusing.
Best part — and while this is a paraphrasing of an exchange, it’s a mild paraphrase — “baseball is too long, except football games are longer but football games are all meaningful except tonight’s meaningless Jets game will get great ratings.”
And baseball players take drugs and football players never do.
These morons, by the way, make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to be experts despite the fact that they are, at best, superficially correct about a narrow thing that matters little and are otherwise wholly ignorant of the subject about which they speak.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)