Oct 7, 2013, 9:45 AM EDT
Every fall, like clockwork. These are becoming more ubiquitous than BSOHL stories during spring training:
And of course totally vapid and ill-informed about the economics and nature of baseball. But what else is new?
These clowns are doing nothing but channeling ancient nostalgia imported from a time when baseball was the only major sport and trafficking in standard old man “people don’t have attention spans anymore and all of these newfangled devices are just so consarned confusing.
Best part — and while this is a paraphrasing of an exchange, it’s a mild paraphrase — “baseball is too long, except football games are longer but football games are all meaningful except tonight’s meaningless Jets game will get great ratings.”
And baseball players take drugs and football players never do.
These morons, by the way, make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to be experts despite the fact that they are, at best, superficially correct about a narrow thing that matters little and are otherwise wholly ignorant of the subject about which they speak.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (321)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)