Oct 7, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT
St. Louis tries to stay alive in Pittsburgh …
Cardinals manager Mike Matheny is sticking by his standard lineup, but the batting order changes a bit with Yadier Molina going back to the fifth spot after batting cleanup versus left-hander Francisco Liriano yesterday.
Pirates manager Clint Hurdle is going with defense over offense and sticking with Clint Barmes at shortstop for the second straight game after giving Jordy Mercer a start there in Game 2. And that means Pittsburgh is trotting out the exact same lineup that won yesterday to take a 2-1 lead in the series.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)