Oct 7, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
The Rays aren’t letting their season go without a fight. Thanks to an RBI ground out from pinch-hitter Delmon Young, the Rays moved ahead of the Red Sox 4-3 in the bottom of the eighth inning.
The rally started after James Loney walked against Franklin Morales and Desmond Jennings reached on a bunt single. Matt Joyce then popped on on a sacrifice bunt attempt before Morales was replaced by Brandon Workman. Yunel Escobar then reached on a squibber up the middle to load the bases. Young then ripped a grounder which was snagged by first baseman Mike Napoli, but he didn’t make a throw to the plate, so pinch-runner Sam Fuld was able to score the go-ahead run.
Fernando Rodney is on for the Rays in the top of the ninth inning to force a Game 4.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)