Oct 7, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
The Rays aren’t letting their season go without a fight. Thanks to an RBI ground out from pinch-hitter Delmon Young, the Rays moved ahead of the Red Sox 4-3 in the bottom of the eighth inning.
The rally started after James Loney walked against Franklin Morales and Desmond Jennings reached on a bunt single. Matt Joyce then popped on on a sacrifice bunt attempt before Morales was replaced by Brandon Workman. Yunel Escobar then reached on a squibber up the middle to load the bases. Young then ripped a grounder which was snagged by first baseman Mike Napoli, but he didn’t make a throw to the plate, so pinch-runner Sam Fuld was able to score the go-ahead run.
Fernando Rodney is on for the Rays in the top of the ninth inning to force a Game 4.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)