Oct 7, 2013, 6:33 PM EDT
The Red Sox could finish off a three-game sweep of the Rays tonight. They are off to a quick start on that end.
After Jacoby Ellsbury singled to lead off Game 3, Alex Cobb hit Shane Victorino with a pitch. Dustin Pedroia followed with a ground ball to third base, but Victorino’s take-out slide at second base caused a wild throw from Ben Zobrist which allowed Ellsbury to score the game’s first run. Cobb then walked David Ortiz, but was able to avoid any further damage by retiring Mike Napoli and Daniel Nava.
The Red Sox lead the Rays 1-0 as we move to the bottom of the first inning at Tropicana Field. Clay Buchholz is on the mound for Boston.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)