Oct 7, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
It’s a bit early for the hot stove to start firing up, but we gotta kill time until the A’s-Tigers game starts, right? According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, the White Sox are planning a hard push this offseason for free agent outfielder Curtis Granderson.
Which, OK, the Sox are kind of a mess and need to rebuild, and a 32 year-old outfielder who spent most of 2013 injures is usually not the stuff of rebuilding. At the same time, however, there’s no rule that says every rebuilding club has to level the old structure and start fresh. Granderson could put some butts in seats and, if the Indians and Tigers falter, could put the Sox in something akin to contention with a bounce back year.
OK, now baseball games. We’ll talk about this stuff more in a month.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 19
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 31
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (114)