Oct 7, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
It’s a bit early for the hot stove to start firing up, but we gotta kill time until the A’s-Tigers game starts, right? According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, the White Sox are planning a hard push this offseason for free agent outfielder Curtis Granderson.
Which, OK, the Sox are kind of a mess and need to rebuild, and a 32 year-old outfielder who spent most of 2013 injures is usually not the stuff of rebuilding. At the same time, however, there’s no rule that says every rebuilding club has to level the old structure and start fresh. Granderson could put some butts in seats and, if the Indians and Tigers falter, could put the Sox in something akin to contention with a bounce back year.
OK, now baseball games. We’ll talk about this stuff more in a month.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)