Oct 7, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
It’s a bit early for the hot stove to start firing up, but we gotta kill time until the A’s-Tigers game starts, right? According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, the White Sox are planning a hard push this offseason for free agent outfielder Curtis Granderson.
Which, OK, the Sox are kind of a mess and need to rebuild, and a 32 year-old outfielder who spent most of 2013 injures is usually not the stuff of rebuilding. At the same time, however, there’s no rule that says every rebuilding club has to level the old structure and start fresh. Granderson could put some butts in seats and, if the Indians and Tigers falter, could put the Sox in something akin to contention with a bounce back year.
OK, now baseball games. We’ll talk about this stuff more in a month.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 6
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)