Oct 7, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
UPDATE: Mark Feinsand of the the New York Daily News reports that Myers left the game due to cramping in both of his legs. He is receiving IV fluids.
Myers appeared to tweak his lower leg on a swing in the bottom of the seventh inning. He tried to go out to his position in right field to begin the eighth inning, but was in obvious pain. As a result, Rays manager Joe Maddon has moved his designated hitter, Matt Joyce, into Myers’ spot right field. This means that the Rays will play without their DH for the rest of the game.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 41
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)