Oct 7, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
UPDATE: Mark Feinsand of the the New York Daily News reports that Myers left the game due to cramping in both of his legs. He is receiving IV fluids.
Myers appeared to tweak his lower leg on a swing in the bottom of the seventh inning. He tried to go out to his position in right field to begin the eighth inning, but was in obvious pain. As a result, Rays manager Joe Maddon has moved his designated hitter, Matt Joyce, into Myers’ spot right field. This means that the Rays will play without their DH for the rest of the game.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)