Oct 7, 2013, 9:38 PM EST
UPDATE: Mark Feinsand of the the New York Daily News reports that Myers left the game due to cramping in both of his legs. He is receiving IV fluids.
Myers appeared to tweak his lower leg on a swing in the bottom of the seventh inning. He tried to go out to his position in right field to begin the eighth inning, but was in obvious pain. As a result, Rays manager Joe Maddon has moved his designated hitter, Matt Joyce, into Myers’ spot right field. This means that the Rays will play without their DH for the rest of the game.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 57
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 22
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)