Oct 7, 2013, 9:38 PM EST
UPDATE: Mark Feinsand of the the New York Daily News reports that Myers left the game due to cramping in both of his legs. He is receiving IV fluids.
Myers appeared to tweak his lower leg on a swing in the bottom of the seventh inning. He tried to go out to his position in right field to begin the eighth inning, but was in obvious pain. As a result, Rays manager Joe Maddon has moved his designated hitter, Matt Joyce, into Myers’ spot right field. This means that the Rays will play without their DH for the rest of the game.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)