Oct 7, 2013, 9:38 PM EDT
UPDATE: Mark Feinsand of the the New York Daily News reports that Myers left the game due to cramping in both of his legs. He is receiving IV fluids.
Myers appeared to tweak his lower leg on a swing in the bottom of the seventh inning. He tried to go out to his position in right field to begin the eighth inning, but was in obvious pain. As a result, Rays manager Joe Maddon has moved his designated hitter, Matt Joyce, into Myers’ spot right field. This means that the Rays will play without their DH for the rest of the game.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72