Oct 8, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
Lineups as the Rays try to keep their season alive …
SP Jake Peavy
Red Sox manager John Farrell declined to make any lineup or batting order changes from Game 3 to Game 4.
Rays manager Joe Maddon, on the other hand, has made a bunch of changes. Game 3 hero Jose Lobaton gets the start behind the plate in place of Jose Molina, Kelly Johnson is the new designated hitter after Delmon Young and Matt Joyce were used there earlier in the series, and Wil Myers, James Loney, Evan Longoria, and Ben Zobrist all get new spots in the batting order.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)