Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
If the Detroit offense can’t get something working soon, it’ll be lights out for the Tigers’ 2013 season.
A’s starter Dan Straily is working on a no-hitter through four innings of this ALDS Game 4 at a beautifully-sun-lit but less-than-enthusiastic Comerica Park. Straily has surrendered just one baserunner — Prince Fielder, on a second-inning hit-by-pitch — while racking up four strikeouts.
Oakland got on the board in the top of the first inning via a Coco Crisp game-opening triple and a Jed Lowrie RBI single. It’s a 1-0 lead for the visitors as Game 4 in Detroit moves on to the top of the fifth.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)