Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
If the Detroit offense can’t get something working soon, it’ll be lights out for the Tigers’ 2013 season.
A’s starter Dan Straily is working on a no-hitter through four innings of this ALDS Game 4 at a beautifully-sun-lit but less-than-enthusiastic Comerica Park. Straily has surrendered just one baserunner — Prince Fielder, on a second-inning hit-by-pitch — while racking up four strikeouts.
Oakland got on the board in the top of the first inning via a Coco Crisp game-opening triple and a Jed Lowrie RBI single. It’s a 1-0 lead for the visitors as Game 4 in Detroit moves on to the top of the fifth.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)