Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 PM EST
If the Detroit offense can’t get something working soon, it’ll be lights out for the Tigers’ 2013 season.
A’s starter Dan Straily is working on a no-hitter through four innings of this ALDS Game 4 at a beautifully-sun-lit but less-than-enthusiastic Comerica Park. Straily has surrendered just one baserunner — Prince Fielder, on a second-inning hit-by-pitch — while racking up four strikeouts.
Oakland got on the board in the top of the first inning via a Coco Crisp game-opening triple and a Jed Lowrie RBI single. It’s a 1-0 lead for the visitors as Game 4 in Detroit moves on to the top of the fifth.
- Report: Starlin Castro detained in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 4
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)