Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 PM EDT
If the Detroit offense can’t get something working soon, it’ll be lights out for the Tigers’ 2013 season.
A’s starter Dan Straily is working on a no-hitter through four innings of this ALDS Game 4 at a beautifully-sun-lit but less-than-enthusiastic Comerica Park. Straily has surrendered just one baserunner — Prince Fielder, on a second-inning hit-by-pitch — while racking up four strikeouts.
Oakland got on the board in the top of the first inning via a Coco Crisp game-opening triple and a Jed Lowrie RBI single. It’s a 1-0 lead for the visitors as Game 4 in Detroit moves on to the top of the fifth.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)