Oct 8, 2013, 6:18 PM EST
If the Detroit offense can’t get something working soon, it’ll be lights out for the Tigers’ 2013 season.
A’s starter Dan Straily is working on a no-hitter through four innings of this ALDS Game 4 at a beautifully-sun-lit but less-than-enthusiastic Comerica Park. Straily has surrendered just one baserunner — Prince Fielder, on a second-inning hit-by-pitch — while racking up four strikeouts.
Oakland got on the board in the top of the first inning via a Coco Crisp game-opening triple and a Jed Lowrie RBI single. It’s a 1-0 lead for the visitors as Game 4 in Detroit moves on to the top of the fifth.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (90)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)