Bask in the glory of Sad Hawk Harrelson

Oct 8, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT

hawk harrelson

As a Twins fan I’m supposed to despise Hawk Harrelson, but I actually grew up listening to him call White Sox games on WGN back when watching any game you wanted wasn’t possible–it’s why Frank Thomas is my all-time favorite player–and 20 years later I continue to enjoy him on the microphone.

Of course, I enjoy Sad Hawk Harrelson even more because no announcer is more entertaining when his team is losing or getting unlucky or being robbed by the umpires. And thankfully the fine folks at Awful Announcing put together this magical compilation of the year’s best Sad Hawk Harrelson moments:

“Dadgum it.”

1. El Bravo - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM

This wins the internet for today.

2. Chip Caray's Eyebrows - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I’ve always enjoyed Hawk for some reason, even if he’s an unapologetic homer and all that. Glad to see I’m not the only one.

• dcfan4life - Oct 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Some homers in the broadcast booth are great. They are so passionate, critical of their own guys, pull no punches. Others are blinded by their love for their team and friendship with players they are never critical. Not sure where Hawk is, but im assuming he is the former.

3. penale52 - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

The first one is the best by far

• jm91rs - Oct 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM

4. butchhuskey - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM

If Hawk Harrelson does not win the Ford Frick Award, it’s because he lacks TWTW.

Just kidding, it’s because he sucks.

5. bfunk1978 - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Amusing to see all those walk-offs by the Indians, because if you have ever watched a highlight show you know their announcers are just as batshit crazy as Hawk. Always absolutely losing their minds. Jump to 1:40 in this video: http://wapc.mlb.com/cle/play/?content_id=30917315&topic_id=8877486

6. dexterismyhero - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

He is lame to this day…………….

7. makeham98 - Oct 8, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Hawk should be in the hall just for his mod 70s wardrobe.

8. clydeserra - Oct 8, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Those were fun, but repetative with the walk offs. I remember better ones this year where the SOx almost tied a few games and he went from high to low.

Dag gummit

9. wjr37375 - Oct 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Can this guy just go away. He’s like the drunk uncle everyone has in there family that everyone is forced to listen to. Keep up the bad work !

Do Royals or A's have the edge tonight?
  1. D. Jeter (3530)