Oct 8, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
As a Twins fan I’m supposed to despise Hawk Harrelson, but I actually grew up listening to him call White Sox games on WGN back when watching any game you wanted wasn’t possible–it’s why Frank Thomas is my all-time favorite player–and 20 years later I continue to enjoy him on the microphone.
Of course, I enjoy Sad Hawk Harrelson even more because no announcer is more entertaining when his team is losing or getting unlucky or being robbed by the umpires. And thankfully the fine folks at Awful Announcing put together this magical compilation of the year’s best Sad Hawk Harrelson moments:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)