Oct 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Fredi Gonzalez was of the view that Craig Kimbrel could get four outs if he needed to last night, but not six. Weird, but whatever. Kimbrel himself, however, seems to think he could’ve gotten six.
Go check out this post at Deadspin where Evan Brunell — who is deaf and reads lips — watches the video of Kimbrel in the bullpen. Kimbrel, according to Brunell, said that he told Fredi Gonzalez that he could pitch two innings.
No way of knowing for sure, but the video certainly shows an upset-looking Kimbrel. Not upset that the Braves were losing, but mad that he wasn’t a part of it. He’s irked.
Whatever the case, I feel like, when the dust settles, we’re going to hear a lot more about that decision. And, in light of everything else that has happened with the Braves lately, a lot more about what’s been going on in that clubhouse over the past couple of months.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 33
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (195)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)