Oct 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Fredi Gonzalez was of the view that Craig Kimbrel could get four outs if he needed to last night, but not six. Weird, but whatever. Kimbrel himself, however, seems to think he could’ve gotten six.
Go check out this post at Deadspin where Evan Brunell — who is deaf and reads lips — watches the video of Kimbrel in the bullpen. Kimbrel, according to Brunell, said that he told Fredi Gonzalez that he could pitch two innings.
No way of knowing for sure, but the video certainly shows an upset-looking Kimbrel. Not upset that the Braves were losing, but mad that he wasn’t a part of it. He’s irked.
Whatever the case, I feel like, when the dust settles, we’re going to hear a lot more about that decision. And, in light of everything else that has happened with the Braves lately, a lot more about what’s been going on in that clubhouse over the past couple of months.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 18
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 81
- The Lester trade is a win-win 107
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 162
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (162)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (108)