Oct 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
Fredi Gonzalez was of the view that Craig Kimbrel could get four outs if he needed to last night, but not six. Weird, but whatever. Kimbrel himself, however, seems to think he could’ve gotten six.
Go check out this post at Deadspin where Evan Brunell — who is deaf and reads lips — watches the video of Kimbrel in the bullpen. Kimbrel, according to Brunell, said that he told Fredi Gonzalez that he could pitch two innings.
No way of knowing for sure, but the video certainly shows an upset-looking Kimbrel. Not upset that the Braves were losing, but mad that he wasn’t a part of it. He’s irked.
Whatever the case, I feel like, when the dust settles, we’re going to hear a lot more about that decision. And, in light of everything else that has happened with the Braves lately, a lot more about what’s been going on in that clubhouse over the past couple of months.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 82
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)