Oct 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Fredi Gonzalez was of the view that Craig Kimbrel could get four outs if he needed to last night, but not six. Weird, but whatever. Kimbrel himself, however, seems to think he could’ve gotten six.
Go check out this post at Deadspin where Evan Brunell — who is deaf and reads lips — watches the video of Kimbrel in the bullpen. Kimbrel, according to Brunell, said that he told Fredi Gonzalez that he could pitch two innings.
No way of knowing for sure, but the video certainly shows an upset-looking Kimbrel. Not upset that the Braves were losing, but mad that he wasn’t a part of it. He’s irked.
Whatever the case, I feel like, when the dust settles, we’re going to hear a lot more about that decision. And, in light of everything else that has happened with the Braves lately, a lot more about what’s been going on in that clubhouse over the past couple of months.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)