Oct 8, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Matt Kemp has already been ruled out for the playoffs with an ankle injury and now Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers outfielder will undergo surgery to “clean up” his left shoulder.
Kemp is expected to have plenty of time to recover from both injuries before spring training, but obviously he’ll head into 2014 as a question mark after missing 89 games this season and posting a career-low .723 OPS when healthy enough to play.
Eric Stephen of True Blue LA notes that last month in discussing a potential shoulder surgery the Dodgers’ team doctor suggested the recovery timetable was 6-8 weeks, so it qualifies as something more than just a minor procedure.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 50
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 26
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)