Oct 8, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Matt Kemp has already been ruled out for the playoffs with an ankle injury and now Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers outfielder will undergo surgery to “clean up” his left shoulder.
Kemp is expected to have plenty of time to recover from both injuries before spring training, but obviously he’ll head into 2014 as a question mark after missing 89 games this season and posting a career-low .723 OPS when healthy enough to play.
Eric Stephen of True Blue LA notes that last month in discussing a potential shoulder surgery the Dodgers’ team doctor suggested the recovery timetable was 6-8 weeks, so it qualifies as something more than just a minor procedure.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)