Oct 8, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Matt Kemp has already been ruled out for the playoffs with an ankle injury and now Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers outfielder will undergo surgery to “clean up” his left shoulder.
Kemp is expected to have plenty of time to recover from both injuries before spring training, but obviously he’ll head into 2014 as a question mark after missing 89 games this season and posting a career-low .723 OPS when healthy enough to play.
Eric Stephen of True Blue LA notes that last month in discussing a potential shoulder surgery the Dodgers’ team doctor suggested the recovery timetable was 6-8 weeks, so it qualifies as something more than just a minor procedure.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)