Oct 8, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Matt Kemp has already been ruled out for the playoffs with an ankle injury and now Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers outfielder will undergo surgery to “clean up” his left shoulder.
Kemp is expected to have plenty of time to recover from both injuries before spring training, but obviously he’ll head into 2014 as a question mark after missing 89 games this season and posting a career-low .723 OPS when healthy enough to play.
Eric Stephen of True Blue LA notes that last month in discussing a potential shoulder surgery the Dodgers’ team doctor suggested the recovery timetable was 6-8 weeks, so it qualifies as something more than just a minor procedure.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)