Oct 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Phillies fans make me laugh. This exchange started back on Friday:
@craigcalcaterra looks like it’s gonna be another one and done for the Barves LMAO
— Joe S. (@JoeS3737) October 4, 2013
I shot back:
@JoeS3737 How are the Phillies doing?
— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) October 4, 2013
Then silence. I figured I told him good, buddy! Four days pass in silence.
Then a couple of minutes ago:
@craigcalcaterra as good as the Braves are doing right now bud, only with a better draft pick!
— Joe S. (@JoeS3737) October 8, 2013
It’s not often someone sits on a Twitter retort that long, and it certainly shows dedication. Shows a lot of other things too, many of which are not particularly good, but definitely dedication.
Let us resume this ancient dance next spring.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)