Never change, Phillies fans

Oct 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EST

Phillies fans make me laugh. This exchange started back on Friday:

I shot back:

Then silence. I figured I told him good, buddy! Four days pass in silence.

Then a couple of minutes ago:

It’s not often someone sits on a Twitter retort that long, and it certainly shows dedication. Shows a lot of other things too, many of which are not particularly good, but definitely dedication.

Let us resume this ancient dance next spring.

1. paperlions - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM

FWIW, I still like Barves fans infinitely less than Phillies phans….at least I can watch a game in Philly without their phans doing that stupid chop and chant bullshit.

• historiophiliac - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Plus, Phanatic-tipping is a thing now.

• yahmule - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Not from me. He took forever and then screwed up our drink order completely.

2. eagles512 - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

In Joe’s defense, Craig enjoyed the Phillies losing in the playoffs when the Braves weren’t in.

• biasedhomer - Oct 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

At least the Phillies could at least advance a round

3. Jonny 5 - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I’m a phillies fan. I’m not a complete ass either.

Hey at least the guy showed more class than Chipper Jones does on twitter.

• historiophiliac - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Oh, Jonny. :( I used to like you. A phan? sigh

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

He’s always been a phan, and was one of the OG phans from years ago.

• historiophiliac - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Why did I think he was one of the Borg? So disappointing…

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Oct 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Nah, him Chris F and I think it was drmonkeyarmy were here back in ’09, made those playoffs fun.

4. thebadguyswon - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I’m a Mets fan. Honestly every Phillies fan I’ve ever met in person I have liked. Same with the Braves fans.

• Francisco (FC) - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM

That’s usually how it goes. When it comes to obnoxious people the noise level is no indication of actual numbers.

5. flyinhighwithvick - Oct 8, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Or maybe Joe S. has a life, and doesn’t spend it tweeting about yet another Braves October choke job.

6. rjmarrella - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

The braves may have lost, but it could’ve been worse. We could’ve watched Howard whiffing all over the place and cliff lee choking up four run leads again… Cause who in Philly gets tired of that shit?

7. yahmule - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Phillie fans take pride in how horrible they are, but they whine like babies when anybody else points it out.

• bleedgreen - Oct 8, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Its like if you and your brother are out, and you call him an asshole. No one gets too upset. But if someone at the table next to you calls your brother an asshole, its different.

• yahmule - Oct 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Fair enough.

8. hustleandflomax - Oct 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Wow, look at all the thin-skinned Phillies fans here. I thought they were supposed to be some of the ‘toughest’ fans there are. Hey Phans, if you’re going to dish it out like you did in the years when you were tops in the NL–be prepared to get some of that back when you suck again.

9. yankeepunk3000 - Oct 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM

lmao man people get mad as fuck quickly now a days. I’m pretty sure Craig just thought it was funny cause the guy waited FOUR days to reply. Made me laugh too and then he’s just trolling. Also LOL on Bill taking a shot at trolling the troller. Shows they can have a lot of fun and I would love to hang out with these kind of baseball fans. LIGHTEN UP PEEPS!!!!

10. jvseahawk - Oct 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Looks to me like the Philly fan won that Twitter battle. I’d have kept it to myself.

11. xxakshunxx - Oct 8, 2013 at 6:13 PM

This is why real journalist drop their public fandom for a team to avoid this.. Sounds like you still need to learn a thing or two

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (5372)
  2. M. Kemp (3167)
  3. W. Middlebrooks (2930)
  4. C. McGehee (2930)