Oct 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Phillies fans make me laugh. This exchange started back on Friday:
@craigcalcaterra looks like it’s gonna be another one and done for the Barves LMAO
— Joe S. (@JoeS3737) October 4, 2013
I shot back:
@JoeS3737 How are the Phillies doing?
— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) October 4, 2013
Then silence. I figured I told him good, buddy! Four days pass in silence.
Then a couple of minutes ago:
@craigcalcaterra as good as the Braves are doing right now bud, only with a better draft pick!
— Joe S. (@JoeS3737) October 8, 2013
It’s not often someone sits on a Twitter retort that long, and it certainly shows dedication. Shows a lot of other things too, many of which are not particularly good, but definitely dedication.
Let us resume this ancient dance next spring.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)