Oct 8, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
We’ve finally got a score in this ALDS Game 4.
Rays shortstop Yunel Escobar opened the bottom of the sixth inning with a double off Red Sox starter Jake Peavy and crossed home plate on a David DeJesus one-out single to right field. Peavy induced a Wil Myers flyout for the second out of the inning, but the Red Sox opted to turn to left-handed reliever Craig Breslow to face left-handed-hitting Rays first baseman James Loney and the move worked.
Peavy, it should be noted, did not appear pleased with manager John Farrell following the early hook.
Tampa Bay is down 2-1 in this series but suddenly leads Game 4 by a score of 1-0.
Boston is about to bat in the top of the seventh inning against yet another Rays reliever.
The Rays have already used five pitchers so far. Boston has used two.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)