Oct 8, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
We’ve got a wild ALDS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Coco Crisp put the A’s ahead 4-3 in the top of the seventh inning with an RBI single off Max Scherzer, who was pitching in relief of starter Doug Fister. But the Tigers roared back in the bottom of that frame.
Victor Martinez slugged a leadoff solo shot to right field in the bottom of the seventh against A’s reliever Sean Doolittle. A fan reached over to haul the ball in and A’s right fielder Josh Reddick argued that he had a beat on making the catch, but instant replay angles were inconclusive and the call did not get overturned. Jhonny Peralta then doubled and three batters later Austin Jackson hit a go-ahead single.
It’s a 5-4 lead for host Detroit as Game 4 moves to the eighth inning.
Oakland is up 2-1 in this best-of-five Division Series.
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 7
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 81
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 59
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)