Oct 8, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
We’ve got a wild ALDS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Coco Crisp put the A’s ahead 4-3 in the top of the seventh inning with an RBI single off Max Scherzer, who was pitching in relief of starter Doug Fister. But the Tigers roared back in the bottom of that frame.
Victor Martinez slugged a leadoff solo shot to right field in the bottom of the seventh against A’s reliever Sean Doolittle. A fan reached over to haul the ball in and A’s right fielder Josh Reddick argued that he had a beat on making the catch, but instant replay angles were inconclusive and the call did not get overturned. Jhonny Peralta then doubled and three batters later Austin Jackson hit a go-ahead single.
It’s a 5-4 lead for host Detroit as Game 4 moves to the eighth inning.
Oakland is up 2-1 in this best-of-five Division Series.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)