Oct 8, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
We’ve got a wild ALDS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Coco Crisp put the A’s ahead 4-3 in the top of the seventh inning with an RBI single off Max Scherzer, who was pitching in relief of starter Doug Fister. But the Tigers roared back in the bottom of that frame.
Victor Martinez slugged a leadoff solo shot to right field in the bottom of the seventh against A’s reliever Sean Doolittle. A fan reached over to haul the ball in and A’s right fielder Josh Reddick argued that he had a beat on making the catch, but instant replay angles were inconclusive and the call did not get overturned. Jhonny Peralta then doubled and three batters later Austin Jackson hit a go-ahead single.
It’s a 5-4 lead for host Detroit as Game 4 moves to the eighth inning.
Oakland is up 2-1 in this best-of-five Division Series.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40