Oct 8, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
We’ve got a wild ALDS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Coco Crisp put the A’s ahead 4-3 in the top of the seventh inning with an RBI single off Max Scherzer, who was pitching in relief of starter Doug Fister. But the Tigers roared back in the bottom of that frame.
Victor Martinez slugged a leadoff solo shot to right field in the bottom of the seventh against A’s reliever Sean Doolittle. A fan reached over to haul the ball in and A’s right fielder Josh Reddick argued that he had a beat on making the catch, but instant replay angles were inconclusive and the call did not get overturned. Jhonny Peralta then doubled and three batters later Austin Jackson hit a go-ahead single.
It’s a 5-4 lead for host Detroit as Game 4 moves to the eighth inning.
Oakland is up 2-1 in this best-of-five Division Series.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (370)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (128)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)