Oct 8, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
We’ve got a wild ALDS Game 4 at Comerica Park.
Coco Crisp put the A’s ahead 4-3 in the top of the seventh inning with an RBI single off Max Scherzer, who was pitching in relief of starter Doug Fister. But the Tigers roared back in the bottom of that frame.
Victor Martinez slugged a leadoff solo shot to right field in the bottom of the seventh against A’s reliever Sean Doolittle. A fan reached over to haul the ball in and A’s right fielder Josh Reddick argued that he had a beat on making the catch, but instant replay angles were inconclusive and the call did not get overturned. Jhonny Peralta then doubled and three batters later Austin Jackson hit a go-ahead single.
It’s a 5-4 lead for host Detroit as Game 4 moves to the eighth inning.
Oakland is up 2-1 in this best-of-five Division Series.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)