Oct 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
From now until October 13 you can get various celebrities to record your outgoing voicemail message for $299 and all the money goes to the Autism Speaks charity.
Morgan Freeman is one of the choices, which would be tough to pass up, and some other names include Cher, Bryan Cranston, Peter Dinklage, Mark Hamill, and Jim Parsons. And a bunch of other recognizable names too.
But here’s the name that got me thinking about actually shelling out the $299: Vin Scully.
Seriously, how great would it be when someone called my phone, went to voicemail, and heard: “Hello, this is Vin Scully. You’ve reached Aaron, but there’s zero chance he wants to talk to you, or anyone, on the phone. Seriously, just text him. But leave a message anyway, I guess.”
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)