Oct 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
From now until October 13 you can get various celebrities to record your outgoing voicemail message for $299 and all the money goes to the Autism Speaks charity.
Morgan Freeman is one of the choices, which would be tough to pass up, and some other names include Cher, Bryan Cranston, Peter Dinklage, Mark Hamill, and Jim Parsons. And a bunch of other recognizable names too.
But here’s the name that got me thinking about actually shelling out the $299: Vin Scully.
Seriously, how great would it be when someone called my phone, went to voicemail, and heard: “Hello, this is Vin Scully. You’ve reached Aaron, but there’s zero chance he wants to talk to you, or anyone, on the phone. Seriously, just text him. But leave a message anyway, I guess.”
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)