Oct 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
From now until October 13 you can get various celebrities to record your outgoing voicemail message for $299 and all the money goes to the Autism Speaks charity.
Morgan Freeman is one of the choices, which would be tough to pass up, and some other names include Cher, Bryan Cranston, Peter Dinklage, Mark Hamill, and Jim Parsons. And a bunch of other recognizable names too.
But here’s the name that got me thinking about actually shelling out the $299: Vin Scully.
Seriously, how great would it be when someone called my phone, went to voicemail, and heard: “Hello, this is Vin Scully. You’ve reached Aaron, but there’s zero chance he wants to talk to you, or anyone, on the phone. Seriously, just text him. But leave a message anyway, I guess.”
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)