Oct 8, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
From now until October 13 you can get various celebrities to record your outgoing voicemail message for $299 and all the money goes to the Autism Speaks charity.
Morgan Freeman is one of the choices, which would be tough to pass up, and some other names include Cher, Bryan Cranston, Peter Dinklage, Mark Hamill, and Jim Parsons. And a bunch of other recognizable names too.
But here’s the name that got me thinking about actually shelling out the $299: Vin Scully.
Seriously, how great would it be when someone called my phone, went to voicemail, and heard: “Hello, this is Vin Scully. You’ve reached Aaron, but there’s zero chance he wants to talk to you, or anyone, on the phone. Seriously, just text him. But leave a message anyway, I guess.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)