Oct 8, 2013, 9:50 AM EST
Curt Schilling went broke designing video games in which players were to have engaged in mounted combat while riding flying pigs. How that wasn’t a billion dollar idea I have no idea, but stuff happens.
And when you go broke, stuff gets auctioned off. Curt Schilling’s stuff, to be specific, and you can go here to see what piece of SchillingDom you want. Among the many items listed for sale:
Craftsman tractor entitled “The Ice Mower”, Hummer golf cart, baseball glove chair, marble top pedestal sink, billiard table, pinball & arcade games, ping pong table, tools, various sporting equipment, pristine retro Coca Cola machine, matching sofas & club chairs from the home theater, Studio 38 drafting table, lots of costumes just in time for Halloween … and so much more to be unpacked! Due to the large quantity of items, the sale hours have been extended from our usual to 8-4:00pm! This is one you DO NOT want to miss!!
No love for Schilling at all, and much scorn for him given how badly his company ended up screwing its employees over. Employees who, unlike him, can’t fall back on a high-priced ESPN analyst gig or a Major League Baseball pension. That said, it’s kinda sad to see a person’s belongings put up for auction like this. Especially kids’ stuff, of which there is a lot.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)