Oct 8, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Curt Schilling went broke designing video games in which players were to have engaged in mounted combat while riding flying pigs. How that wasn’t a billion dollar idea I have no idea, but stuff happens.
And when you go broke, stuff gets auctioned off. Curt Schilling’s stuff, to be specific, and you can go here to see what piece of SchillingDom you want. Among the many items listed for sale:
Craftsman tractor entitled “The Ice Mower”, Hummer golf cart, baseball glove chair, marble top pedestal sink, billiard table, pinball & arcade games, ping pong table, tools, various sporting equipment, pristine retro Coca Cola machine, matching sofas & club chairs from the home theater, Studio 38 drafting table, lots of costumes just in time for Halloween … and so much more to be unpacked! Due to the large quantity of items, the sale hours have been extended from our usual to 8-4:00pm! This is one you DO NOT want to miss!!
No love for Schilling at all, and much scorn for him given how badly his company ended up screwing its employees over. Employees who, unlike him, can’t fall back on a high-priced ESPN analyst gig or a Major League Baseball pension. That said, it’s kinda sad to see a person’s belongings put up for auction like this. Especially kids’ stuff, of which there is a lot.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (128)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)