Oct 8, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Curt Schilling went broke designing video games in which players were to have engaged in mounted combat while riding flying pigs. How that wasn’t a billion dollar idea I have no idea, but stuff happens.
And when you go broke, stuff gets auctioned off. Curt Schilling’s stuff, to be specific, and you can go here to see what piece of SchillingDom you want. Among the many items listed for sale:
Craftsman tractor entitled “The Ice Mower”, Hummer golf cart, baseball glove chair, marble top pedestal sink, billiard table, pinball & arcade games, ping pong table, tools, various sporting equipment, pristine retro Coca Cola machine, matching sofas & club chairs from the home theater, Studio 38 drafting table, lots of costumes just in time for Halloween … and so much more to be unpacked! Due to the large quantity of items, the sale hours have been extended from our usual to 8-4:00pm! This is one you DO NOT want to miss!!
No love for Schilling at all, and much scorn for him given how badly his company ended up screwing its employees over. Employees who, unlike him, can’t fall back on a high-priced ESPN analyst gig or a Major League Baseball pension. That said, it’s kinda sad to see a person’s belongings put up for auction like this. Especially kids’ stuff, of which there is a lot.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 17
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)