Oct 8, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
Curt Schilling went broke designing video games in which players were to have engaged in mounted combat while riding flying pigs. How that wasn’t a billion dollar idea I have no idea, but stuff happens.
And when you go broke, stuff gets auctioned off. Curt Schilling’s stuff, to be specific, and you can go here to see what piece of SchillingDom you want. Among the many items listed for sale:
Craftsman tractor entitled “The Ice Mower”, Hummer golf cart, baseball glove chair, marble top pedestal sink, billiard table, pinball & arcade games, ping pong table, tools, various sporting equipment, pristine retro Coca Cola machine, matching sofas & club chairs from the home theater, Studio 38 drafting table, lots of costumes just in time for Halloween … and so much more to be unpacked! Due to the large quantity of items, the sale hours have been extended from our usual to 8-4:00pm! This is one you DO NOT want to miss!!
No love for Schilling at all, and much scorn for him given how badly his company ended up screwing its employees over. Employees who, unlike him, can’t fall back on a high-priced ESPN analyst gig or a Major League Baseball pension. That said, it’s kinda sad to see a person’s belongings put up for auction like this. Especially kids’ stuff, of which there is a lot.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 47
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)