Oct 9, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the news:
Just spoke to Hall of Famer Barry Larkin. He has not heard from the Reds about the manager opening. He would be interested if the club calls.
“I’d certainly talk to them,” he said.
Larkin managed Team Brazil during this year’s 2013 World Baseball Classic and acknowledged to the Enquirer on Wednesday that he “really enjoyed that.”
“I would like to manage a team with more talent someday,” continued Larkin, who spent all 19 of his major league seasons with the Reds. “I think I would enjoy that.” He is currently employed by ESPN.
Cincinnati fired Dusty Baker on Friday after a six-year run. Baker is already seeking another gig.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)