Oct 9, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
It’ll be an all-hands-on-deck night in St. Louis.
According to beat writer Travis Sawchick of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said in his pregame press conference Wednesday that left-hander Francisco Liriano will be available out of the bullpen in Game 5 of the NLDS against the Cardinals. Liriano will either be brought in early if Game 5 starter Gerrit Cole runs into trouble or if the game goes to extra innings. Otherwise it will be the typical crew of relievers.
Liriano allowed just two earned runs on three hits over six innings in his Game 3 start against the Cardinals — a 5-3 victory for the Bucs. He posted a superb 3.02 ERA and 163/63 K/BB ratio across 161 innings during the 2013 regular season.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)