Oct 9, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
It’ll be an all-hands-on-deck night in St. Louis.
According to beat writer Travis Sawchick of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said in his pregame press conference Wednesday that left-hander Francisco Liriano will be available out of the bullpen in Game 5 of the NLDS against the Cardinals. Liriano will either be brought in early if Game 5 starter Gerrit Cole runs into trouble or if the game goes to extra innings. Otherwise it will be the typical crew of relievers.
Liriano allowed just two earned runs on three hits over six innings in his Game 3 start against the Cardinals — a 5-3 victory for the Bucs. He posted a superb 3.02 ERA and 163/63 K/BB ratio across 161 innings during the 2013 regular season.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)